Twelve people have been reported dead, while six have been injured in a fatal road accident in Kaduna State.
The accident was reported to have happened in Nasarawa Doka, along Kaduna-Abuja Highway in Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Monday, August 30.
Confirming the incident, the State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said that the accident was caused by the brake failure of a Toyota Hiace.
“Security agencies have reported to the Kaduna State Government that 12 persons have died and six others are injured following a ghastly road traffic crash which occurred on Monday afternoon in Nasarawa Doka, along the Kaduna-Abuja road in Kachia LGA,” he stated.Advertisement
“The crash involved a lone Toyota Hiace bus conveying 18 passengers from Zaria to Abuja. The cause of the crash has been identified as a brake failure following a tyre explosion.
Twelve passengers died on the spot. The six injured passengers were rushed to hospital.”
Aruwan also said that Governor Nasir El-Rufai has expressed his sadness and condolences to the victim’s family, also urging citizens to adhere to traffic rules as they ply the road.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari