Favour Appiah, a 14-year-old girl has died, after drowning inside a swimming pool at Manuex Place Hotel, a popular hotel located Jakpa Road, Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
Our correspondent gathered that the sad incident occurred on Sunday afternoon when the girl and her family went swimming.
According to a source who spoke under anonymity, Favour’s death was caused by utter negligence on the part of the hotel, as no pool attendant was on the ground when the teenager drowned.
Our source said;
“The deceased was declared missing at the hotel premises by her relatives, until her lifeless body was discovered at the bottom of the deep part of the pool.
“We searched everywhere when we could not find her. We thought she might have gone to change. We checked but we didn’t see her until we drew the attention of the hotel to the incident.
Quizzed on where the pool attendant was at the time, our source said;
“The pool attendant was not there when the incident happened. When the pool attendant came, he refused to enter the water, maybe he can’t swim. No one could see the bottom of the water.Advertisement
“It was one of the receptionists who had just resumed who entered the pool to search if she was there. Lo and behold, she had drowned and was lying at the deep part of the pool.”
Favour’s remains have since been deposited at the Warri Central Hospital morgue by the management of the hotel.
A management staff of Manuex Place also confirmed the incident but refused to speak further on the matter.
The hotel management was yet to respond or release a public statement as of press time.
The Delta State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Bright Edafe, also confirmed the incident.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike