19-year-old sentenced to life imprisonment for failed bike theft
Oluwaseun Ademola, a 19-year-old young man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by an Ekiti State High Court over a failed robbery attempt.
According to police prosecutor, Dolapo Oyewole, alleged that Ademola robbed a bike rider, Arowolo Suleiman of his Bajaj motorcycle May, 6, 2017 in Idolofin area of Ado Ekiti.
“The offence is contrary to Section 402(2) of the Criminal Code Law, Cap.C16 Laws of Ekiti St ate of Nigeria, 2012,” the police prosecutor said.
In his narration, Suleiman said he conveyed Ademola and another of his accomplice from Oke-Ila area of Ado Ekiti, around 6.30am.
However, on arrival at Idolofin, one of them pointed a gun at him and ordered him to lie inside drainage, as they escaped with his motorbike.
Residents gave the duo a hot chase and Ademola was caught, while his accomplice escaped.
Justice Lekan Ogunmoye, in his judgment, pointed that though the defendant was charged with armed robbery, “evidence before the court only established the offense of attempted armed robbery against him, in that there was no evidence that he succeeded in stealing anything from his victim.”
“He is sentenced to life imprisonment,” the judge declared.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents