The Governor Nyesom Wiker of Rivers State has state he will throw his support for former President Goodluck Jonathan if he accepts to run under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and clinches in the 2023 presidential election.
Wike stated this while speaking to BBC Pidgin at the weekend in Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital.
The proactive governor emphatically insisted he would snub the former governor of Bayelsa state if he chooses to contest under the umbrella of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
Wike explained even Jonathan is aware he would work against him if joins the APC and clinches the party’s ticket to run for President in 2023.
He said: “I am a PDP member, if former President Goodluck Jonathan picks a ticket to run in my party, I will support him. I can’t do anti-party. But if he picks a ticket to run in APC, I won’t support him because I can’t do anti-party.
“He knows I won’t support him in APC even if he is from the south. I don’t do that kind of politics. It is the party we are talking about and I don’t play ethnicity.”
Goodluck Jonathan has remained adamant on his intentions to run for president in 2023 in the midst of widespread rumours that he is set to contest.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari