The Kogi State Assembly has urged and endorsed Governor Yahaya Bello to contest for the 2023 presidential election.
The call was made by the lawmakers after passing a motion to this effect during a plenary sitting in Lokoja on Wednesday, December 3.
While moving the motion, House Majority Leader, Hassan Abdulahi, noted that the call was predicated on the outstanding performance of the Governor since he assumed office in 2016.
The resolution which was passed by the House reads in part;
“We, the Right Honourable Speaker and Honourable Members of the Kogi State House of Assembly, upon due deliberation of proper motion therefore, do hereby unanimously make and pass a Vote of Confidence on His Excellency, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.
“That, this Vote of Confidence is founded upon irrefutable and irreducible incidents of Governor Yahaya Bello’s leadership as the 4th Executive Governor of Kogi State, for a reference period spanning 27th January, 2016 till date, during which he has demonstrated uncommon Courage, Capacity and Competence at his duty post, even in the face of the most daunting odds.”
Also speaking to newsmen after the session, the Assembly Speaker, Rt. Hon. Mathew Kolawole, affirmed the endorsement as he said that the state is willing to offer Governor Yahaya Bello to Nigeria.
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME