The Governorn of Delta State, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, called on Nigerians to support and vote the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) back to power in the 2023 general elections.
The governor made the plea on Sunday, during a thanksgiving service in Sapele, Delta state.
He pleaded with Nigerians to support and bring back the Peoples Democratic Party to power in 2023 to restore good governance, including infrastructural development in the country.
According to the former Senator, the PDP would do everything possible with the support of Nigerians to win the 2023 presidential election.
He revealed that the party was working very hard to win more states in the country as a precursor to getting back into full control of the presidency which it lost in 2015.
The Governor said with the abysmal performance of the All Progressives Congress, APC led Federal Government, Nigerians were already convinced on the imperative of voting back PDP to power in 2023.
While thanking leaders, youths and women for their support for the party since inception, Okowa said with such encouragement, PDP would take over the Federal Government in 2023.
Governor Okowa also declared that the much anticipated local government council elections in the state will not hold in January 2021 as currently speculated.
He advised aspirants to exercise restraint in their consultations and campaigns.
“Delta Council election is not coming up in January, so please you must all slow down and not waste your money before time,” he stated.
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME