Leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Salvation Force, NDPSF, Mujahid Asari-Dokubo has called on the Nigerian youths to step forward and take power from the older generation.
Asari made this call in support of former military Head of State, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, IBB, remark on the age limit of Nigeria’s next president.
Babangida had recently said the next president should be within 60 years of age.
Backing Babangida’s call, Dokubo, in a video on his Facebook page, said the older generation of leaders have failed, hence the need for youths to step up.
According to Dokubo: “The younger generation must step forward now and take power. Power is not given, power is taken.
“Now that the older generation has realized that they failed. Ibrahim Babangida had come out to say that it is time for these people to retire. And that is the truth. They have nothing to offer.
“We have to look beyond their shoulders for much younger people to take over leadership positions, and correct the wrongs and the stagnation that the black race has been put into.
“For Ibrahim Babangida, I say thank you for the first time, for saying what will change and totally revolutionise the face of politics in this part of the world.
“So, for us, young people, we should come together, and identify those of us who are capable of leading this change. This is the time.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me –Ince Lambastes Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari