Nigerian Arrested For Fraud in India
A 23-year-old Nigerian has been arrested for his indulgence in fraud in India.
The Nigerian national was arrested for duping a trader of over N28m, in the pretense of buying ‘Urazi Herbal Oil’.
The suspect, identified as Essis Esmel Octave, was arrested by the Ahmedabad police in India, on Tuesday, August 10.
According to the police, a Nigeria-based company offered $200 for 10ml of ‘Urazi Herbal Oil’, citing its medicinal properties.
The callers told the Odhav-based trader that it is difficult to get the oil, and if he could source it from India, they would pay him handsomely.
There was only one catch, the trader would have to get the oil checked for quality. And that the money would be paid if the oil reaches the required standard.
“It was a con from the start, with buyers and inspectors from the same gang. The trader got lured by the astronomical amount offered for 500 litres of the oil, and kept paying till he had lost Rs 52 lakh,” said a cyber cell official.Advertisement
Based on a complaint about cheating and breach of trust, a team reached Delhi and nabbed the Nigerian national.
The cyber cell officials also warned traders of this means of operation, in which they would receive an international number and offered a good sum if they can procure oil ‘available only in India’, asking them to be careful with such deals.
“Don’t transact over any such offers or share account details,” said an investigator.
- BBNaija S6: Saskay Gives a Hints on her Relationship With Cross
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG