A 24-year-old Kebbi Poly Student has been confirmed dead, after being electrocuted while cooking in his hostel room.
The deceased, identified as Khalid Kabir Argungu, was said a HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi.
It was gathered that the incident happened on Tuesday evening, August 31, when the student allegedly made contact with a naked wire while operating an electric stove.
Speaking to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu, explained that the student was rushed to the institution’s clinic but when the doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly took him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis where he was confirmed dead.
“We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.
He also dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that the deceased hostel mates willingly left their hostel rooms in respect of their late colleague.
- Chelsea Weather Early Storm As They severely Humiliate Spurs
- Police Arrest Fake Military Officer With AK-49 Riffle
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis