On Sunday, Lionel Messi said he did not want to leave Barcelona; it was an emotional farewell news conference. A legal contract offers from PSG to Messi, but he said: “nothing is confirmed.” There are two other potential options for him to pick from now that it’s official that he has left Barcelona.
A formal two-year contract offer from Paris Saint-Germain
Barcelona announced Messi’s departure from the club after failing to fulfill a new contract due to financial and structural problems. An initial two-year deal which is said to be worth £25m a year after tax, has been offered to Messi. This offer is now under scrutiny. There are other two potential options after his 21 years exit from Barcelona, but PSG seems to be in the lead as the favorite.
Update from Messi on the transfer
Messi had a candid discussion with PSG head coach Mauricio Pochettino this week about the move to the French capital. When he was asked if PSG will be his next move at his farewell news conference on Sunday, the Superstar said that is one possibility to reach those heights. The Copa America winner also added that there was nothing to be confirmed with anybody. He said that he had a lot of calls from a lot of interested clubs. Finally, he revealed that at the current moment, nothing is closed, but his team and himself are talking about a lot of things.
PSG as the front-runner for partnership
PSG quickly emerged as the lead club for his signature. The transfer is a game-changer that will reconnect him with former Barcelona team-mate Neymar. This duo is known for its spectacular synchronization on the field.
Messi bid Barcelona farewell in tears
Messi’s farewell press conference at Barcelona was an emotional occasion etched forever in history. After 21 years in Barcelona, Messi said he did not want to leave. He said that in an emotional farewell news conference on Sunday. In moments of this final speech, Messi burst into visible subs as he received an overwhelming standing ovation.
Messi traveled to Barcelona with the expectation to agree on the details of the announcement of his new five-year deal. He also confirmed he offered to reduce his wages by 50 percent.
In his speech, Messi said he and his family thought they would stay at home, and it was all they wanted. They have always made this our own; they were at home in Barcelona. They thought they would be staying there in Barcelona. But today, they have to say goodbye to all of that.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller