29 Abducted College Students Regain Freedom in Kaduna
The 29 remaining students abducted from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka in Kaduna State have regained freedom, Daily Report Nigeria can confirm.
Chairman of the Parents’ Committee, Mr Abdullahi Usman, confirmed the release of the students by bandits on Wednesday.
Mr Usman explained that the victims were released some minutes past 4pm around the Kidanda area in Giwa Local Government Area of the state, and were on their way back to the state capital.
Usman, however, refused to disclose the amount paid as ransom to the bandits for the release of the students.
Authorities in the state and the Kaduna State Police Command have yet to confirm the latest development.
It is freedom at last for the remaining students of the institution after 55 days of horror in the captivity of the bandits.
Bandits stormed the school in Igabi Local Government Area very early on March 11 with the intention to abduct many students.
While they were on a mission that could be described as a silent attack, a student who sighted them raised an alarm – causing tension in the school.
Soldiers in the area promptly responded to a distress call and engaged the bandits in a fierce gunfight in a bid to thwart the attack.
The action of the security operatives led to the rescue of 180 people, comprising 132 male students, 40 female students, and eight civilian staff.
Despite the intervention, the bandits still abducted 23 female and 16 male students, leaving their parents in despair with calls on the government to rescue them.
Sadly, one of those missing was a female student, Fatima Shamaki, whose father died from a heart attack after the news of her abduction was broken to him.
The bandits had released videos in which they made some demands and threatened to kill the students should their demands were not met.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari