Tottenham has reached a compromise with Barca Midfielder, Ilaix Moriba
Ilaix Moriba has reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur, as Spurs will enter the negotiation phase with Barcelona.
According to reports from Mundo Deportivo, Tottenham Hotspur has taken a lead in the proposition to sign Ilaix Moriba. Personal agreements have been reached with the player, and the two clubs are expected to hold a meeting over the transfer.
The Spanish club is looking at a fee of €20 million, and Spurs have the intention of submitting an offer soon. Moriba has always anticipated playing in the Premier League. Hence, it won’t be a surprise if the move is made in earnest.
At first, it appeared that Chelsea was taking the lead, but as it stands Tottenham has taken the lead. The Blues have switched focus to Jules Kounde hoping to get him before the transfer window runs out.
What will bring to Spurs?
Ilaix Moriba will be Tottenham’s second-highest investment in the midfield department if the deal pulls through. Moriba should add more skill to the middle of the park for the new coach, Nuno Espirito Santos.
Barcelona’s goal was to continue enjoying the service of Moriba, but the Guinean youngster has other dreams. He wanted a bigger wage which was contrary to what Barca could afford. Now, they are prepared to sell him off for €20 million.
What does this deal mean to Barcelona?
If the deal with Tottenham is finalized, it should go a long way to assist the club financially. It will help in the funding for Bernardo Silva. The Barcelona boss is determined to add some more quality to the team since Lionel Messi’s shocking departure to PSG.
Hopefully, Moriba’s proposed transfer is finalized to give Barca funds for the addition of a top player before the end of the summer transfer window.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari