Three lecturers of Abia State University (ABSU), Uturu, have been confirmed dead on the same day.
Prof. A. I. Nwabughuogu of History/International Relations Department, Dr D. S. Okoroigwe of Geography/Planning Department, and a third lecturer from the Department of Political Science, all died on Friday, September 3, 2021.
Report gathered say the lecturers of the institution were suffering economic hardships.
According to the publication: “We are being owed more than seven months’ salaries; the last time (we were paid) was January 2021.”
The Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Abia State University, Dr Victor Nkemdirim, confirmed the three deaths, describing the situation as unfortunate.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike