The Imo police have killed three and captured two members of IPOB during a gun encounter in Imo.
The battle encountered in an uncompleted building situated in a valley in Amaifeke, Orlu.
CP Rabiu Hussaini, the Commissioner of Police revealed this on Sunday in a statement signed by Michael Abattam, the spokesman in the state.
The police resorted to shooting in response to the firing aimed at them by the group when they sighted the police in their hideaway.
Those killed include Chidera Nnabuhe, a.k.a “DRAGON”, a native of Umuala Amaifeke in Orlu LGA and two others with a.k.a, J.J and Dadawa both natives of Ohazara in Ebonyi state.
The Captives include Emeka Sunday aged 20 from Ebonyi and Anthony Okeke 44 year old from Imo.
According to the command, most of the members of the group found wanted in their list most especially Chidera Nnabuhe, a.k.a “DRAGON”, the commander, have been caught.
Combing their hideout, the police recovered a native goat just slaughtered to fortification against police bullet, an English-made pump action gun, two locally-made Pistols, two locally fabricated General Purpose Machine Gun(GPMG) , Sixteen Improvised Explosives Devices (I.E.Ds), 37 rounds of live cartridges, three Automatic Machine Guns kick starter and one Bomb detonator.
Other recovered items contain: two Biafran flags, three bomb detonator remote controls, six different makes of GSM handsets, 3 automatic guns connecting batteries, a big container of gun powder, charms , a black travelling bag containing male clothes with GSM NUMBER 08034958267 pasted on it.
The CoP praised the officers for being gallant and proactive in the same way he appreciated the support of the citizens of the state.
He further urged the citizens not to relent in helping the police with vital and credible information to enable smart policing.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller