Michael Nyitor, a 400-level student at Makurdi’s Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, has been charged with impregnating a 14-year-old girl in the Gaadi district of Makurdi, Benue State.
Nyitor, a Mechanical Engineering student, was accused of having carnal knowledge of the woman on multiple occasions prior to her pregnancy.
Daily Report Nigeria learned that the suspect was a friend of the victim’s relative and went to the victim’s residence to see him.
The pregnancy was discovered, according to our source, when the teenager was taken to the hospital for a check-up after confessing to sleeping with the suspect.
The aunt of the teenager displayed little knowledge about the incident.
She said, “While everyone was in bed on September 4, she left the room and did not come back until 5am and when I asked her where she was coming from, she said she went to urinate. After much probing, she confessed that she went to see Michael (Nyitor), who had been sleeping with her.
“We went to his house to let his mother know in case she was not aware and when we got to their house, the boy’s mother apologised for her son’s action, but the boy claimed that he was not a child and that it was the girl that lured him to rape her and that if we asked him to get married to the girl, we would have to provide him with a job or else she was going to suffer.
“When we left their house, we went to the hospital to check if she had not contracted any illness and that was when it was discovered she was pregnant. My husband went to the police the next day to report, but the boy’s mother went to the village head to come and plead with us to withdraw the case so we could settle at home.
“The boy later came to my house to plead with me that he was sorry for his action and that he had not been sleeping and his spirit was not at rest.
“Michael is a friend to my husband’s younger brother and he used to come to our house to meet him, but I did not know he was using it to disguise so he could lure the girl; we want justice to prevail because being pregnant means she will automatically stop her education and the boy is not remorseful about what he did; he feels nobody can do anything to him.”
As a result of this, the incidence was reported to the police at the E Division Police Station in the area.
The suspect was apprehended on Monday and detained at the E Division Police Station.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike