Michael Omolayo, a suspected ritualist has been arrested for stealing human hair from a barbershop in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
Omolayo, 70, was almost lynched by irate residents of thee Oke-Emesho area of Akure, after he was caught packing a large quantity of the human hair.
Sources say Omolayo received the large chunk of hair through a lady who assisted him in packing the items from the shop of a barber simply identified as Desmond.
However, luck ran out on him as he was caught by some residents in the area, who raised an alarm.
Residents proceeded to the septuagenarian’s house for a search, where strange objects were found.
‘Some strange objects were found in the house and this prompted the head of the community, Chief James Abiodun, to order his arrest and be taken to the Deji of Akure’s palace along with the strange objects found in his house.
“The community head also said the issue could only be resolved through traditional means,” the source who pleaded anonymity said.
Omolayo’s accomplice confessed to stealing the items at the palace of the Deji of Akure.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure, Mr Michael Adeyeye, confirmed the incident and said the palace would hand over the suspect to the police.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari