The Ekiti State Chief Magistrate’s Court, Ado Ekiti has on Thursday, September 2, 2021 ordered two men – Gesture Omolade, 72, and Ayodeji Adejugbe, 42 remanded remanded for the allegedly raping a Nurse in Ekiti State Hospital as both defendants were charged with conspiracy and rape.
Inspector Olubu Apata, the police prosecutor said the defendants conspired and raped a 17-year-old on several occasions between July and August 2021.
“The defendants took her to Room Two in the hospital where she was an apprentice as a nurse, and had sexual intercourse with her with the promise of giving her N10,000 to ensure that she did not tell anybody.
“The offences run contrary to Section 31 of the Child Rights Law of Ekiti State, 2012.”
Alubu further made a plea with the court to remand the defendants pending the release of legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions.
Saka Afunso, the Chief Magistrate accepted the plea and ordered that the men be remanded.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari