The Mumbai police’s Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) have arrested a Nigerian, alongside another person for allegedly possessing hard drugs.
The suspects were caught with mephedrone worth Rs 37.5 lakh (N20,678,162.13) in Navi, Mumbai.
Acting on a tip-off, the Ghatkopar unit of the ANC laid a trap near Agarwadi bus stop on Sion-Panvel Highway in Govandi on Friday evening, and nabbed Francis Augustin D’Souza, 29, with 45 gm of mephedrone.
Acting on the confession by the arrested suspect, the ANC set another trap at Juinagar railway station, and apprehended a 39 year old Nigerian, Richard Tony, a resident of Mira Road, and they recovered 205gm of mephedrone.
Concluding interrogations, it was discovered that the duo were involved in smuggling, transportation and distribution of the drug.
An official said, adding that a case has been registered in this regard under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju