President Buhari has ordered the security agencies in the country to act swiftly in ensuring the safe return of all abducted victim’s.
The president gave the order in reaction to the recent abduction of students in Kaduna and Niger states. This comes after the deployment of security operatives to the troubled areas.
The president described the kidnapping as “cowardly and despicable, as well as an assault on affected families and the nation”.
He also said the disturbing incidents of students’ kidnapping, mostly in northern states, was already threatening to undermine efforts in boosting school enrolments in states that were adjudged educationally backward.
President Buhari also asks that the state governments ensure compliance with the United Nations-supported safe schools’ program, which the present administration had adopted.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals