Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara state, has called on all state governments in Nigeria to adopt dialogue and reconciliation to tackle insecurity challenge.
Speaking with NAN on Thursday, Matawalle claimed dialogue and reconciliation with bandits has been fruitful for his state.
He said “As I have mentioned earlier, the issue of insecurity is not just one man’s business; it is for all of us,”
“Whether you are a security agent, a normal citizen or anybody, what is important is for all of us to come together and make this issue our own and confront it squarely.
“When I assumed duty as the Zamfara governor, I know that before the first 100 days, we achieved a lot on our part which was not been achieved for the past six years.
“This was achieved because I called everyone to be involved and issues were discussed. Stakeholders were invited who were political leaders, traditional institution and other security heads. We put heads together and that is why we initiated the issue of dialogue and reconciliation with the bandits and this yielded a lot of results in the state.
“Every state needs to adopt this initiative to have a peaceful country. Once we come together as one and have one stand, I believe it will work for us.”
- Aston Villa Ensures Man Utd’s 2 Conscutive Home Defeats in Just 4 days
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend