Former presidential candidate, Kingsley Moghalu has warned Nigeria’s federal government to not recognize or deal with Afghanistan.
The warning by the former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria follows the taking over of the country’s government affairs by the Taliban.
Moghalu stressed that the events unfolding in Afghanistan should be a lesson for Nigeria, a country battling with Boko Haram and the Islamic State in West Africa Province.
He warned that a secular country like Nigeria should be intolerant to people who harbour and express sympathy for globally recognised terrorist groups, while being quick to label self- determination agitators as terrorists.
“We must stop cuddling so-called “repentant” Boko Haram. Which serious country absorbs erstwhile terrorists into its armed forces? Nigeria and its @NGRPresident and @NigeriaGov must never recognise or deal with the Taliban.
“We can never be a theocracy. What has happened in Afghanistan is possible only because of its monolithic religious makeup.Advertisement
“The government of a multi-religious country that is constitutionally a secular state must never tolerate some of its members harbouring and expressing sympathy for globally recognised terrorist groups, while political dissenters are very quickly branded terrorists. The other lesson from this is that the destiny of any country will ultimately be decided by its own people.
“Clearly, many Afghans are quite comfortable with the Taliban, while a minority are opposed to them. American intervention in 2004 that dislodged them from power was clearly unpopular with the locals, and Washington has decided to leave the Afghans to their fate.
“If Nigeria breaks down into civil war and violence, no one is coming here to save anyone. We will ALL suffer the consequences.”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi