The Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, has passed a Bill to establish the State Tourism, Arts and Culture Endowment Fund (AKSTACEF) into law.
This was done during a plenary on Thursday, shortly after Hon. Edidem, the member representing Itu State Constituency and the Chairman, House Committee on Industry, Commerce and Tourism Hon KufreAbasi Edidem, presented a report.
Hon. Edidem, explained that AKSTACEF, when assented to by the state Governor, would improve the revenue accruing to the State as well as boost the funding of the tourism sector.
“the law will assist in preserving and maintaining tourism and historical heritage sites, their facilities, enhance economic growth and create employment for the people of Akwa Ibom State especially the youth.
“The new law will also give Akwa Ibom State a great sense of pride, hope and distinct identity, unite the people, upgrade the tourism status of the State globally and ensure that all tourist centers in Akwa Ibom are properly managed and maintained.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari