Former Barcelona forward, Lionel Messi has joined French big guns, Paris Saint-Germain.
The Copa America winner finally joins Paris-Saint Germain after a 21-year era at Barcelona.
Messi agreed a two year’s deal with PSG with an option of an additional year. He will earn €35 million in his two years stay at Parc Des Princes.
The Blaugrana last week announced that the Superstar won’t be staying at Camp Nou due to financial struggles and La Liga wage bill limit, PSG on other hand moved immediately to secure the services of the Ballon d’Or winner.
What has been said?
In his statement on his new club’s website, the former Barca star said;
“I am impatient to start a new chapter of my career in Paris,
“The club and its vision are in perfect harmony with my ambitions. I know how talented the players and staff are here. I am determined to build, alongside them, something great for the club and for the fans. I can’t wait to set foot on the Parc des Princes pitch. ”
Paris-Germain President Nasser Al-Khelaifi welcomed him to the club saying;
“I am delighted that Lionel Messi has chosen to join Paris Saint-Germain and we are proud to welcome him to Paris, with his family,”
“He did not hide his desire to continue to evolve at the highest level and to win trophies. The ambition of the club is of course identical. The addition of Leo to our world-class team confirms the relevance and success of our recruitment. Together with our great coach and his staff, I look forward to seeing our team make history for all of our supporters around the world.”
Messi will be reunited with Neymar Jr. and his compatriot Di Maria at Parc Des Princes. It would be a fearsome attack trio at PSG, consisting of Mbappe and Neymar.
The French side will be hoping to win the UEFA Champions League this season, with the experience of Messi and Ramos who recently joined on a free transfer from Real Madrid.
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC
- Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border To Check Smuggling
- States Must be Empowered To Harness Resources, Revenues For Development – Wike
- My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy – Okorocha