Minority leader of the house of representatives, Ndudi Elumelu has said the All Progressives Congress, APC is not organized and it will seize to exist after the end of President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.
Elumelu, who is representing Aniocha/Oshimili federal constituency of Delta state, said this on Monday at an event organised by the press corps of the lower chamber in Abuja.
PDP recently lost nine of his federal lawmakers to APC.
The party has also suffered defection of three governors, including Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state, Bello Matawalle of Zamfara and Ben Ayade of Cross Rivers from its circle to APC.
But reacting, Elumelu said “When my people brought me in to represent their interest, what was uppermost in my heart was to represent them and I also made a vow not to touch anything that belongs to them, either by way of constituency allowance or by way of constituency project,” he said.
“So, all I did was to ensure that up to the last kobo that I get from the national assembly is given back to them because they brought me here to represent their interest.
“I was brought up to always look at the critical aspect of life and not making noise. If you make noise that is not reasonable and quality criticism, then it is of no use.
“If you watch me on the floor, I come out to speak when I think it is critical to speak, not just because I want to make noise. If you recall when they said some people were defecting and I came out and said it is not about quoting section 68 to challenge the defection, but it is to let Nigerians know that the APC government has failed, and because they have failed, it is immaterial who is defecting.
“What is important is that the government is failing. The government has not even given accurate information as to what they have done.
“Imagine, in my constituency, somebody said Ogwashi-Uku dam has been completed whereas it has not. And people are defecting to such voodoo government? When the time for evaluation comes, people are going to look at those things.
“We don’t like making noise. By the time those who are going to move, move, you will see that APC is going to be left with nothing and APC will end after Buhari.
“They are not coordinated; they are not organised; they are not out to serve the people. They are there to worship the current president and once the president leaves, that is the end of APC.”
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju