The 40th day prayer for ease of the soul of the late Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, the former Chief Of Army Staff (COAS) who died in plane crash on 21st of May, 2021 at the Kaduna International Airport was observed yesterday by the Nigerian Army.
Major General Faruk Yahaya, the new Chief Of Army Staff sympathized with the widows, children and relations on their loss. He prodded them not to loose hope and promised that the Nigerian Army will continue to support them.
The Director of Islamic Affairs, Brigadier General Shehu Mustapha asked Allah to grant the deceased eternal rest while praying at Niger Barracks, Abuja.
He also prayed to God to grant those concerned the fortitude to bear the loss.
The General further asserted that the death of the late Lieutenant and 10 others is a great loss to the Armed Forces of Nigeria in particular and the nation at large. He averted the mind of us people to the fact that we have to be wary of our deeds on earth and alwats anticipate the life after death.
Dignitaries who graced the occasion included General Lucky Irabor, the Chief of Defence Staff, Major General Faruk Yahaya, Chief of Army Staff, Vice Admiral Auwal Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju