Arsenal chiefs confronting £20m transfer mistake.
Edu is left with so much work to do as Arsenal’s transfer business faces another backlash. The club’s transfer market again this summer may face examination.
A worse start for Arsenal
Arsenal started the season on a wrong footing. Mikel Arteta’s side sits bottom of the Premier League, is another pointer to a worse possible start. That is currently the least of their problems as the club is facing a dreadful situation which will cost them a lot to deal with.
What Is The Cause Of The Mistake?
Over £150million was spent to acquire new players. This spending spree to acquire new players has placed the Club on the top of the Premier League spending chart, as Arsenal signed six new first-team members.
The spending spree gave rise to the England goalkeeper, Aaron Ramsdale transfer to the team. He was formerly with the Championship outfit Sheffield United.
The 23-year-old goalkeeper joined the club for an exuberant fee with the tendency to rise to £30m. This exuberant fee has caused a ruse. Arsenal’s desperation is understandable. The reason for Arsenal’s decision to acquire the goalkeeper is clear.
Why does Edu have so much to do?
In 2019, Edu became the club’s first-ever technical director. Ever since then, Arsenal’s recruitment hasn’t been ambiguous. Also, Gunner’s dealings with the current team have been so poor.
Edu, the Brazilian, has got to fix up ahead of the coming summer. It will help avoid mistakes from repeating themselves.
The current goalkeeper for the team, Bernd Leno is in the last year of his contract at the club. The German will have to leave the club if they fail to secure a deal. Else, he will leave the club for free next transfer summer.
What is the one costly mistake the Gunners made?
The Gunners have already made a costly mistake which caused them greatly in the previous season. The blunder was them letting Emi Martinez join Aston Villa for £20m.
Martinez has since then become one of the Premier League’s top performers. He has visibly been enjoying his stay at Villa Park.
The Transfer market had set Leno’s market value as £20m which Arsenal could miss out on if they don’t renew his deal, the club needs this valuable funds. In addition, other team members might also decide to exit the club. It will be unfortunate if Arsenal misses out on these deals.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller