Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, has reacted to the attack on Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State in his farm by yet to be known gunmen, calling it “a shock and rude awakening.
The NGF in a statement on Sunday empathized with the governor and the people of Benue State on the scary occurrence.
Also Read: I Ran Kilometers To Escape Death – Gov Ortom
Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state who is also Chairman of the NGF vehemently condemned the act in its entirety.
“The NGF wishes to state categorically that the attempt to make Benue State ungovernable is unacceptable and will fail woefully.
“Only recently the brother of one of the former governors of the state was mowed down in cold blood. This dishonourable and shameful act of resorting to violence, for whatever reason, to eliminate citizens of Benue State by brutal means must not continue.
“The NGF as a platform for all the 36 Governors will continue to encourage its members to stand firm in the service of their people regardless of the evil machinations of those who do not wish Nigeria well.
“Evil will not be allowed to triumph over good, not in Benue and not anywhere in this country,” the statement partly read.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals