A fatal accident on Saturday claimed the lives of seven persons along Orogun road, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.
The victims were returning from a wedding ceremony when the Sienna bus they were traveling in veered off the road and crashed into a carnal.
Eyewitnesses told Daily Report that three other occupants of the vehicle sustained major injuries as a result of the crash.
“All occupants of the vehicle except the driver were from Bomadi, a community in Delta South. They had gone to Orogun for a marriage ceremony,” our source said.
The accident occurred at about 5 pm on Saturday when the victims were on their way back to Bomadi, their original destination.
The vehicle reportedly somersaulted several times during the crash, leaving seven persons including the bus driver dead on the spot.
The three survivors were rushed to a hospital in Ughelli for treatment.
The Delta State Police Command’s PPRO, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the incident, saying “the police will investigate the cause of it.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller