His Royal Majesty, Ogiame Atuwatse III, the Olu of Warri on Thursday kick-started the revalidation of Itsekiri chiefs in Ode-Itsekiri, the ancestral home of Itsekiris in Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.
The exercise also saw the confirmation of the Warri Council of Chiefs, which was preceded by a public notice that dissolved the Council, committees and subcommittees in the Kingdom.
Chief Johnson Amatserunleghe, Iyatsere of Warri Kingdom emerged the highest ranking Itsekiri Chief as well as ‘traditional prime minister’ of the kingdom.
Chief Johnson dislodges Chief Ayirimi Emami, the ‘Ologbotsere of Warri Kingdom,’ who served as traditional prime minister during under the immediate past Olu, His Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli.
Other chiefs who had their conferments revalidated included Chiefs Gabriel Awala, Kofi Kartey, Robinson Ariyo, Dr. Roland Oritsejafor, Roli Oritsejafor, Edwin Olley, Solomon Arenyeka, Clement Maleghemi, Eugene Ikomi, Omolubi Newuwumi and Billy Besi Giwa respectively.
According to Ogiame Atuwatse III, the exercise would be carried out in batches.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari