The wife and two children of Dr. Ibrahim Kurami, the lawmaker representing Bakori Constituency in Katsina State House of Assembly were kidnapped by suspected bandits during the late hours of Saturday.
Daily Report Nigeria learnt that the bandits who stormed the Kurami residence of the lawmaker in Bakori Local Government Area settled for his wife and children when they couldn’t get the lawmaker.
Source revealed that the bandits shot the security guards they met at the gate before whisking away the family of the lawmaker to an unknown destination. The security guard is reported to be undergoing treatment at the hospital.
The source said;
“On Saturday night, about 11 pm, many bandits entered our village, Kurami and threw people into commotion as they began to shoot their guns.
“The bandits entered the house of our lawmaker, Dr. Ibrahim Kurami, to kidnap him but when they could not find him, they took his wife and two children instead. They also shot the security guard at the gate and he is in the hospital receiving treatment.”
Efforts to reach Gambo Isah, SP, the State Police Public Relations Officer to make an official statement on the attack, , proved abortive.
In the same vein, efforts to reach the lawmaker on phone has not yielded result as he has not been reached since after the APC local government congress that was conducted on Saturday.
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents
- Probe ‘Accidental Air Strike’ in Yobe – Amnesty Tells FG