Suspected bandits have reportedly killed five worshippers and kidnap about forty others, including an Iman in Zamfara State.
According to Daily Nigerian, the incident reportedly occurred over the weekend.
Mallam Yahaya alongside forty other worshippers were taken hostage during Juma’at prayers at a mosque in Kanoma.
The bandits stormed the prayer centre with tens of motorbikes, shooting sporadically and caused a stampede as the cleric stopped the prayer session.
Mallam Yahaya and others seized were forcefully loaded on the bikes and transported into the bush.
However, the and some other abducted worshippers were released.
Meanwhile, Mohammed Shehu, Public Relations Officer of Zamfara Police Command, stated that an update on the incident would be provided later on.
Kanoma is mostly targeted by kidnappers due to the high number of rich sugarcane farmers in the community.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals