Suspected bandits have razed the home of Nasiru Muazu Magarya, Speaker of Zamfara State House of Assembly, and other residents in Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
This was disclosed on Monday by Abdullahi Shinkafi, Chairman of the Committee on Security and Prosecution of Bandits in Zamfara State.
According to Shinkafi, the bandits invaded the community and set fire on certain houses, including that of the Zamfara House of Assembly Speaker.
The attack on the residents is coming on the heels of the ongoing onslaught by the military on bandits in Zamfara State.
Read Also: Bandits Hack Pastor to Death in Kaduna
Shinkafi, who visited the community to ascertain the level of damage, noted that the government would provide support for all victims, saying that more security operatives would be deployed to protect the people.
He further stated that two suspects who supply foodstuffs, petrol and other commodities to the bandits were arrested.
He explained that the suspects use boats to convey the products from Sokoto through Issa Local Council to the bandits in Shinkafi Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
The suspects have been handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike
- One Killed, Several Injured As Gunmen Attack Church in Kaduna