The students and staff of Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic in Zaria, Kaduna state who were abducted a month ago have been released.
The victims include seven students and two members of staff of the institution.
The victims were attacked and kidnapped at the institution last month during an attack that claimed the life of a student.
The abductees were released on Thursday night, after the victims’ parents and the bandits reached a compromise.
Recall that the bandits had demanded for a ₦10 million ransom to release the victims.
A source said, “They are all alive and we have spoken with all of them. Because they were released late, we decided that they spend the night in Kaduna city so they can be transported to Zaria in the morning.”
The source also confirmed the payment of ₦10 million for their release, adding that some of the victims were dropped off behind the Nigerian Air Force Base at the Mando area of Kaduna.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals