Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Bello Masari has admitted that majority of bandits terorrising Nigeria, particularly the northern parts of the country, are Fulani people.
The former speaker of the House of Representatives who made the claim on Monday while featuring on a Channels Television programme, ‘Politics Today’, said the criminals have same language and religion like himself.
He said they have been living with them for hundreds of years.
The governor said, “Bandits are persons who speak same language like me. They profess the same religious beliefs like me.
“These bandits are not aliens, they are people we know. They are people that have been living with us for hundred of years.
“The infiltration we have from some African countries and non-African countries, are people of the Fulani extraction.
“Majority of those involved in this banditry are Fulanis. Wether it is believable or not, that is the truth. These are people who live in the forest and their major occupation is rearing of cattle.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari