Arsenal have completed the signing of Nuno Tavares on a permanent deal from Benfica on Saturday.
The London-based club secured the signing of the 21-year-old defender for a fee around €8million including add-ons.
The 21 year old defender has agreed a five-year contract with the new club.
Arsenal have been hunting for a new left-back since the January transfer window when Kolasinac and Maitland-Niles both left the club.
Sead Kolasinac rejoined Schalke04 on loan and Ainsley Maitland-Niles joined West Bromwich Albion.
Tavares will now fill in the vacuum left in Arsenal’s defence line after Kolasinac exit.
He will likely be a back-up for Kieran Tierney, who has been excluded from Arsenal’s squad since he got injured at the end of last season.
Tavares created 23 chances with 4 assists in 25 Benfica League matches out of which 17 were starts.
Tavares’ said, “I’m so excited because it is a big club and for me as a young guy, it is a pleasure to be here.”
“[Manager] Mikel [Arteta] and [technical director] Edu helped me so much.”
Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta said about the new signing; “We welcome Nuno to the club. He is a young player with great promise who has developed very well with Benfica in recent seasons and has also shown his quality by being part of Portugal Under-21s.”
“Nuno’s arrival will give the squad extra strength and options in defence, particularly with this energy on the left side of the pitch. “
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju