The Benue chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has breated a former governor of the state, George Akume, for visiting the state with “heavy security detail backed by military armour”.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, Bemgba Iortyom, Benue PDP’s publicity secretary, described the minister of special duties and intergovernmental affair’s action as “shameful and insensitive.
The statement reads: “Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Benue State frown at the entry into Makurdi yesterday by Minister of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs, George Akume, escorted by heavy security detail backed by military armour,”
“The action of the Minister is not only shameful and insensitive but raises a number of questions which include the following;
“What was the need for such heavy security cover escorting Akume into Benue where he is supposed to be at home having served previously for two terms as governor and three terms as Senator?
“Was this his manner of coming to Benue designed to give a fillip to his calls for the declaration of a state of emergency in the state on account of insecurity?
“Or was this martial mode of entry into Makurdi a reflection of the state of fear the Buhari Minister has foisted upon himself by his stand against the people of Benue in defence of his paymaster in Abuja who has failed on the constitutional duty to defend Benue lives and properties?
“Moreover, did the Buhari Minister spare even a moment to stop by at just one of the numerous camps for internally displaced persons (IDPs) to be found along the road from Abuja to Benue, which he travelled on?
“How much more could Akume be shameless in pursuit of his personal cum pecuniary interests in the shocking negation of the plight of his people, the very ones who through sweat, tears and blood vaunted him to the privileged position he occupies today?
“Benue PDP condemn as utterly insensitive the action by Akume to have rolled into Makurdi chaperoned by military armour, travelling across swathes of Benue land laid waste from herdsmen terror, as this reprehensible conduct amount to dancing on the graves of victims of herdsmen atrocities in Benue.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me –Ince Lambastes Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari