Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum has disclosed that Boko Haram offers new recruits N5,000 and use them as spies in communities.
Zulum, who disclosed this during his statewide broadcast on Saturday to commemorate this year’s Democracy Day and his second anniversary in office, noted that Boko Haram also recruits fighters to smuggle weapons.
According to Zulum: “From day one, we were faced with an acute humanitarian crisis, particularly in northern and some parts of the central senatorial zones.
“There was the risk that insurgents could, after making IDPs socially and economically vulnerable, also explore that vulnerability by offering food and cash incentives to recruit fighters who could even serve as their spies in communities.
“From records, we had experienced instances when insurgents offered as low as between N5,000 and N10,000 to recruit some spies and smugglers of weapons.
“Borno State has thousands of volunteers who are being paid monthly allowances, provided with kits and vehicles to complement the military in the fight against Boko Haram.”
- NYSC: 5 Prospective Corp Members Die on Their Way to Camp
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe