The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Ibrahim Attahiru, has admitted defeat of the Army on several battle fronts by Boko Haram terorrists in recent times.
Few days ago, members of Boko Haram dislodged a military base at Kamuya village in Biu Local Government Area of Borno State.
They also attacked Mainok in Kaga Local Government Area last Sunday, killing dozens of soldiers and decimating military arms and ammunition.
Several of the soldiers were also injured and are currently receiving treatment in Maiduguri.
Reacting to the attacks in an interview with newsmen at 7 Division, Maimalari Cantonment/ Operation Lafiya Dole in Maiduguri while on an operational visit to see the wounded soldiers, Lt. General Attahiru said in a war situation, it was not possible for the military to win all battles.
“In war, there is no way troops would always claim victory over its enemies. The Nigerian Army under the support of President Muhammadu Buhari will take on Boko Haram decisively as troops have defeated Boko Haram severally.
“Troops are committed to end the war and other security challenges such as banditry and kidnapping among other crimes bedeviling some parts of the country.
“We are committed to the focus of the entire operations which is total annihilation of Boko Haram from Nigeria.”
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME