APC Suspends Yola South Local Government Chairman
The All Progressive Congress, APC, has suspended the Caretaker Chairman of Yola South Local Government Area, Adamawa State, Sulaiman Adamu, for allegedly insulting President Muhammadu Buhari.
Adamu’s suspension which is with immediate effect was directed by the Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee, CECPCof the party.
The suspension was contained in a statement titled “APC Expels Yola South LGA Caretaker Chairman, Alhaji Sulaiman Adamu,” and signed by the party’s National Secretary, Senator John Akpanudoedehe, on Thursday in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
Read Also: PDP Suspends National Chairman Uche Secondus
According to Senator John, the decision formed part of resolutions reached at the 16th meeting of the CECPC, which held at the Party’s National Secretariat, Buhari House in Abuja on Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
Akpanudoedehe said, “The CECPC recieved and deliberated on the report of his infractions and recommendations of the 7-member disciplinary committee setup by the Adamawa State Working Committee to investigate the offences committed by Alhaji Sulaiman Adamu against the interest of the party.
“Recall the viral video in which Alhaji Sulaiman Adamu made unwholesome utterences on President Muhammadu Buhari, the Leader of the Party.
“He was also found guilty of bringing the image of the party to disrepute thereby creating doubt on his leadership quality and loyalty to the party.
“The CECPC calls on party members to always demonstrate self-discipline and restraint by desisting from acts and utterances that are inimical to the interest of the party. “
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller