Bandits Invade Governor Matawalle’s Hometown
Bandits on Wednesday stormed the hometown of Governor Bello Muhammad Matawalle of Zamfara State, abducting scores of students in the process.
The bandits who came in large numbers invaded Government Day Secondary School Kaya in Maradun Local Government Area of Zamfara state and kidnapped over 100 students.
An who spoke to Punch after the incident, Malam Abu Kaya said the bandits invaded at about 11:00 am on Wednesday morning when the school was still in session.
Read Also: Gunmen Invade Kogi Community, Kill Nine
Though Kaya couldn’t give a definite number of the kidnap students, he said the number would be well above 100, as the school has a population of over 300 students.
“We are yet to identify the actual number of students abducted but we believed that they would reach 100”.
According to Kaya, the residents have deserted the town over fear that the bandits could return.
The Zamfara State Police Command was yet to comment on the incident as of press time.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me –Ince Lambastes Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari