Buhari Arrives Imo
President Muhammadu Buhari has arrived in Owerri, the Imo State capital to commission yet to be ascertained a number of projects.
Daily Report Nigeria can confirm Buhari landed at the Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri and was received by dignitaries.
Governor Hope Uzodinma had earlier stated that the President is in the state to commissi on some projects through a Facebook post.
He wrote, “It is with a heart full of gratitude that I, on behalf of the good people of Imo State, welcome His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR to the Eastern Heartland on a working visit to commission some of our completed people-oriented projects.
“Mr. President, we are delighted to have you in Imo State on this august occasion despite your tight schedules and it’s our pleasure that while in Imo State, you will enjoy the hospitality and conviviality of our people.”
The visit of the president to Imo state has received mixed reactions from Igbos across the country, with many questioning the rationale behind the move.
Others have questioned the projects to be commissioned as bad roads and abandoned projects ate liter the state.
The Indigenous People of Biafra had particularly ordered a sit-at-home for all Imo citizens in defiance of the President’s visit.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents