Nigerian afrobeat singer, Burna Boy on Sunday won the Best Global Music Album at the Grammys for his album ‘Twice as Tall’.
Oluwa Burna took home the gong ahead of other nominees in the category, which included US band Antibalas as well as Malian band, Tinariwen
For the Burna Boy, It was his second consecutive Grammy nomination with the first in 2019 for his “African Giant” album, were he lost out to Beninese-American singer and songwriter,Angélique Kidjo in the same category.
With the win, “Twice Has Tall” has becomes the first Nigerian and afrobeats album to win to bring home a Grammy.
Congratulations to Burna Boy, his fans and Nigeria.
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri