A High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State has upheld the suspension of Uche Secondus as National Chairman of People’s Democratic Party, PDP.
Justice Okugbelem Gbasam in delivering judgment, relied on Secondus’ suspension by Ward 5 in Andoni local government area of the State as brought forward by Ibeawuchi Ernest Alex and four others against Secondus and the PDP.
Justice Gbasam further granted the prayers of the aggrieved PDP members to retrain, suspend, Uche Secondus from attending, conveying PDP meetings in his capacity as National chairman or member of the party.
However, a lawyer to Uche Secondus expressed dissatisfaction against Justice Gbasam’s ruling, saying his client will appeal the judgment.
Uche Secondus was first suspended by Justice O. Gbasam following a complaint brought forward by Ibeawuchi Ernest Alex and four others two weeks ago.
He was later suspended by the party in Ward 5, Ikuru town, Andoni Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The suspension was attributed to failure on the part of Secondus to attract development to the area despite his high political profile and inability to manage the party.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari