A High Court in Kebbi has reinstated Chief Uche Secondus as National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.
Justice Nusirat Umar in suit KB/AC/M. 170/2021, declared satisfaction satisfied after reading the affidavit of the respondents that an interim order should be granted on the suspension of Secondus pending the determination of the case.
Secondus and the PDP are first and second respondents respectively in the suit before the court by three claimants and members of the party: Yahaya Usman, Abubakar Mohammed and Bashar Suleman.
A Rivers High Court in Port Harcourt had on Monday suspended Secondus as the party’s chairman, but Justice Umar stayed the action of the Rivers court.
The vacation judge granted “An order of this Honourable court granting leave to the first respondent (Secondus) to continue exercising all the constitutional powers of the office of Chairman of PDP (second defendant ) as enshrined in both 1999 Constitution of Nigeria as amended and the Peoples Democratic Party’s constitution pending the hearing and final determination of applicant’s motion on notice.”
Earlier, the Party had announced the National Vice Chairman as Acting National Chairman following Secondus’ suspension on Monday.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi