Court Stops DSS from Arresting Sunday Igboho
The High Court in Oyo state has granted an ex-parte motion depriving the Department of State Security as well as the Attorney General of the Federation from “arresting, intimidating, harassing, and blocking bank accounts” of Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho.
The order was granted by Justice Ladiean Akintola following an ex-parte motion moved by Sunday Igboho’s lawyer, Chief Yomi Aliu (SAN), on Wednesday.
“The court has ordered that he must not be arrested, detained, killed in the next 14 days. The account also said that his account should not be blocked,” Yomi Aliu said after the case.
The case was adjourned until August 18 by the Oyo High Court.
Recall that Sunday Igboho was arrested alongside his wife in Benin Republic, while the couple was about to catch a flight to Germany.
The revered activist gave power and grit to the demand for an Oduduwa Republic for the Yorubas.
- BBNaija S6: Saskay Gives a Hints on her Relationship With Cross
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG