Cristiano Ronaldo Agrees to join Manchester City
Portuguese forward, Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed to join English Premier League champions, Manchester City, AS reports.
The Spanish sports daily reports that Ronaldo has agreed to join City on a two-year contract, with a €15 million per season salary, which is about half of what he earns at Juventus.
ESPN’s Rob Dawson reported City turned their attention to Ronaldo after Harry Kane committed his immediate future to Tottenham Hotspurs.
Read Also: PSG Planning Ronaldo and Messi Partnership
Sky Italia’s Gianluca Di Marzio reported on Tuesday that Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, had flown in to settle Ronaldo’s future, with the Portugal captain wanting to move and Juventus willing to let him go.
Though Ronaldo has agreed to personal terms with City, no deal has yet been struck between Juventus, who are seeking a €25m transfer fee for the former Madrid forward.
Juve also has an interest in signing Man City’s Gabriel Jesus, a deal the Citizens have blatantly rejected.
Ronaldo last week poured cold water on transfer rumors circulating around his future, accusing people of being “disrespectful.”
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller
- Breaking: Former CBN Deputy Governor Mailafa Obadiah is Dead
- Buhari Grieves Over Ex-Algerian President, Comforts Tebboune
- Niger Police Arrest 259 Criminal Suspects