The Ebonyi State Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Wendy Uchechi Okah is dead, Daily Report Nigeria can confirm.
Mrs Okah’s death was announced via a Facebook post by the Special Assistant to Governor David Nweze Umahi on Inter-party and Labour Matters, Mrs. Jennifer Adibe-Nwafor.
According to Mrs Adibe-Nwafor, the late Commissioner died on Friday.
“So saddened.. one of the women I love…Engr Uchechi Wendy Okah, Hon. Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development to Ebonyi State Governor before her death this morning….she was a hard-working woman and a heroine…we will surely miss you,” Adibe-Nwafor said.
In June 2020, protesters burnt down the country home of Celestine Okah, the husband of the deceased.
The incident occurred at Elugwu Ettam community in the Okpuitumo Ikwo Local Government Area of the state.
Okah was accused of being involved in some criminal activities in the community, which he denied.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari