INEC office in Enugu burnt
The office of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Obollo-Afor, Udenu local government area of Enugu State has been razed down by midnight fire.
The incident which occured late on Thursday night was confirmed by the police command in the state.
In a statement by the Enugu police spokesman, Daniel Ndukwe, titled, ‘Fire incident at INEC office in Obollo-Afor: CP orders the conduct of the thorough investigation to ascertain the cause of the fire outbreak and damages incurred’.
According to the statement, the combined effort of the state fire service, residents, and security agents prevented the fire from razing other offices in the building.
The statement read in part, “Following a distress call received at Udenu Police Divisional Headquarters of Enugu State Command on 13/05/2021 at about 2140hrs, alleging that there was fire outbreak at the Obollo-Afor Office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Udenu L.G.A. of the State,
“Operatives attached to the Division immediately raced to the scene, while contacting Fire Service Office in the area to promptly put out the fire.
“Preliminary investigation suggests that the fire, which was eventually put out before it could spread to other offices around the building, through the combined efforts of the State Fire Service, the Police and law-abiding citizens, may have been caused by power surge due to sudden power supply to the building.
“Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Aliyu, has ordered the cordoning off of the scene and launch of thorough investigation to further ascertain the actual cause of the fire outbreak and damages incurred.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari