Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi dies at 97
Chief Mrs. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi, the wife of Nigeria’s former Head of State, late Major General J.T.U. Aguiyi-Ironsi, is dead.
According to sources, the erstwhile First Lady died peacefully on Monday morning at the ripe age of 97.
Her late husband, Major General Aguiyi-Ironsi, a Supreme Commander of the National Military Government until his death, was killed on July 29, 1966.
However, Chief Mrs. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi never re-married 50 years her husband’s death.
“I have seen hell and at the same time, I have seen heaven,” she said early 2021.
Born on November 21, 1923, Victoria was the second First Lady of Nigeria from January 16, 1966, to July 29, 1996.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike