Unknown gunmen reportedly attacked a private school bus at Oba Ile Estate, Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State.
The assailants who struck at about 6:45am on Thursday morning also abducted a member of staff of the school.
Sources say the driver and the abducted staff of the school were moving round to pick pupils of the school when they were attacked.
The identity of the abducted staff was het to be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.
A source in the school explained that the bandits numbering about eight on motorcycles, attacked the bus, forcing the driver to stop. According to him, they dragged the driver out and hijacked the bus and drove it to an unknown destination with the staff on the bus.
He said, “The driver and the attendant were about to pick the first set of pupils when the incident happened. The gunmen rounded up the vehicle with dangerous weapons. The driver was dragged down from the bus while one of them took over the driver’s seat and drove off with the attendant in the bus.
“The whereabouts of the attendant is still unknown but we have reported the incident at the Oba Ile Police station. This is the first time we are experiencing this kind of situation here. It is quite unfortunate.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari